There are several reasons why I genuinely love Flodesk! This new business tool is such a hit, not only for me but for other photographers and creatives, because of how futuristic and handy this email marketing platform is. Although there is a lot of software that can help you grow your mailing list, I personally prefer to use Flodesk! But don’t just rely on my statement. Let’s compare each product to find out why I sincerely recommend this email builder.
What is Flodesk?
This email marketing platform is designed for creatives such as photographers and small businesses who are more into the “design-first” approach – known to be built by creators for creators. It offers the automation needed to keep your mailing list engaged with no coding required! Neat, right?
- Easy automation
You’ll be surprised by how effective emails are regarding updates, offers, etc. It is a great way to keep your clients interested and invested in you and your products and services. That means you’ll need a solid email marketing platform that makes automation easy to keep up with your mailing list. Here are features that this platform has that make emailing such an easy task:
- Built-in email templates with about 30 simple and modern designs
- Customizable templates
- Automated workflows that save you tons of time
- A form builder that creates website pop-ups, embeddable forms, forms with fonts, colors, images, and links, and your very own call-to-action buttons
- User-friendly interface
- Analytics dashboards that are simple yet robust
1. Stylish Design
It features so many gorgeous templates that will make your email more attractive. Not to mention how each template is fully customizable with the drag-and-drop editor. The designs in this email marketing platform also focus on precisely where you want your reader to pay attention.
Since everything is pretty much minimalist and straightforward, you don’t need to be technically savvy to navigate this platform. What’s even great is that they have a community that can assist you with your concerns. Their Help Center has a good amount of information that might answer your questions or simply submit a ticket on their Facebook group.
3. Maximize landing page
Landing pages are charming to the eyes, but since this platform doesn’t provide a designated landing page to create such, you can add a PDF to an email instead.
4. Sustainable financially
Most platforms increase their pricing once the number of your subscriber goes up, which is not the case for Flodesk. Its rate stays the same no matter how big you become, which is a huge deal if you want to create a consistent email connection with your clients.
- Steep Pricy Entry Point
With so much to offer, this platform can be a bit pricey initially. Despite that, no matter how you grow, its consistent rate will make it worthy of its price.
- Not built for mobile use
If you like to do most of your work using a tablet, this might not work for you. Although you can view your analytics, you will do everything else on a desktop device as it doesn’t have a mobile app version.
But really, I had to think hard to come up with these cons because I love it so much!
Let’s compare it to the other platforms.
What is Mailerlite?
This digital marketing tool helps you grow faster by creating email marketing, automation, websites, sign-up forms, and landing pages that your audience will love. It is an email marketing software that can cater to all skill levels to create a personalized campaign. If I didn’t have Flodesk, I probably will pick this one!
- Unlimited automation
- Quick email support
- Regular campaigns, A/B testing campaigns
- Create landing pages with its drag-and-drop editor with ease
- Visual interface for the whole email segment/series
- Easy to read reports
- Workflow management
- Specific integrations on the website can be a little clunky
- No integration with the WPForms plugin available
- Guide search is incomplete
- Not available in a mobile app for creating campaigns
- Templates are too basic
- No Heatmaps
What is Mailchimp?
It is an AI-powered tool that serves as an all-in-one marketing platform for small businesses.
- The interface is simple and customizable
- Basic Plan is free for those with less than 2,000 email subscribers
- Detailed Email Marketing Metrics
- Membership-based site
- Can suspend or cancel your account
- No templates provided
- The interface can be a bit crowded for some users
What is Convertkit?
This creator marketing platform helps promote products, build communities and sell your work. Its goal is that whatever you create – they make it known.
- Tagging feature that helps curate emails based on subscriber’s data
- Allows you to keep track of what your subscribers are doing and then target them with the right marketing strategy
- It gives you a lot of options on what you can do in email marketing
- Availability of pre-made email templates, or you can create your own
- Not user-friendly
- The interface is too overwhelming
- There’s no “undo” button in the email editor
What is ActiveCampaign?
Its email automation helps send the proper communication to the right person at the right time. With just a few simple clicks with your mouse, you can automate marketing to focus more on the other aspect of your business. It is known for its category-defining customer experience automation platform (CXA).
- Email deliverability with a score of 9.2
- Help Library with many specific functions to guide you
- Stellar customer support
- Integrate other software platforms such as VideoAsk and MemberPres
- Sales Pipeline features
- Lead scoring
- Landing pages are not user-friendly
- The dashboard is quite basic looking
- Difficulty in navigating
- The platform can lag at times
- Historical activities are not detailed
Besides what I’ve mentioned above, there are other email marketing tools that you can use. Still, for me, Flodesk is ahead regarding features compared to the other platforms, despite being relatively new. In addition, the fact that it has a fixed price point no matter how big you grow only shows that its goal is for your business to succeed! Take a step towards success by using my code “KRISTENLISAPHOTOGRAPHY” – you will get some discounts when you sign up, or you can give 50% off to a friend by sharing my code with them!